JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering/ Requirements [UTME and Direct Entry]
When considering admission into the Nigeria Tertiary institutions you will need to decide on the jamb subject combination that suits your course and Institution. Your choice of institution and course will also depend on your O’level subjects. Candidates must have minimum of credit in five core subjects in WAEC/NECO/NABTEB examination.
Biomedical engineering program teaches more on improving health and solving complex medical needs through engineering. Students who study biomedical engineering learn to pair biology with engineering to design medical devices and therapies.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Note: English Language is Compulsory
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Two (2) A Level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Biology/ Zoology/Botany and Mathematics.
O’LEVEL COMBINATION FOR ACCOUNTING REQUIREMENT
Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
List of Universities Offering Biomedical Engineering
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – TECH-IBADAN