Delta State School of Marine Technology (DESOMATECH) has officially announced the Application date for the Post-UTME and Direct Entry Screening Exercise for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. This article shows the steps on how to apply for DESOMATECH Post UTME Form.
The Application Process is ONLINE via www.dsmt.edu.ng with a non-refundable application fee of N15,000. The closing date for application is 31st August, 2023. The Amplitude Test date will be communicated later. Candidates must present their acknowledgement slip at the test centres.
ELIGIBILITY AND COURSES OFFERED
All applicants for the programmes must have sat for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination to be considered eligible. Below is an overview of the courses available across various schools within the institution:
School of Engineering Technology
- Courses include Marine Engineering Technology and Boat and Ship Building Engineering Technology (available only at the Burutu campus), Computer Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Oil and Gas Engineering Technology, and Basic Electricity and Applied Electricity (available across all campuses).
School of Science and Technology
- Courses offered range from Nautical Science and Seamanship (only at the Burutu campus) to Computer Science, Fisheries and Fisheries Technology, Oceanography, and Science Laboratory Technology (available across all campuses).
School of Safety and Environmental Studies
- Courses include Industrial Safety and Environmental Management Technology, Estate Management, Surveying and Geoinformatics, and Urban and Regional Planning, all of which are available across all campuses.
School of Maritime Transport and Business Studies
- Programmes include Maritime Transport, Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, and Public Administration, all of which can be studied at any campus.
Entry Requirements for the National Diploma (ND)
Admission requirements vary across schools and departments, but generally, candidates are required to have SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB/NBC/NTC Ordinary Level certificates or equivalents with credits in five subjects. These should include English Language, Mathematics, and three subjects relevant to the desired course, obtained in no more than two sittings. Specific course-related prerequisites can be found below:
- For School of Engineering, Departments of: Marine Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Boat and Ship Building Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Civil Engineering and Computer Engineering; five (5) O’level credit passes in Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry; English Language and one of the following subjects: Technical Drawing, Biology; Agricultural Science; Economics; Additional Mathematics; Statistics; BasicElectricity/AppliedElectricity; Auto-Mechanic and Metal Work at not more than two sittings
- For School of Science and Technology, Departments of: Nautical Science and Seamanship, Science Laboratory Technology, Fisheries and Fisheries Technology, Oceanography, Computer Science; five (5) O’Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics; Chemistry; Physics; and one (1) relevant subjects from the following: Biology/Agricultural Science; Geography; Economics; Basic Electronics; Technical Drawing and Statistics.
- For the Department of Industrial Safety and Environmental Management Technology, five (5) O’level Credit passes in English Language; Mathematics; Chemistry; Biology/Agricultural Science; and one subject from the following: Technical Drawing; Geography; Economics and Statistics.
- For the Department of Survey and Geoinformatics, five (5) O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics; Physics and two (2) subjects from the following: Technical Drawing; Geography; Basic Surveying; Statistics; Economics; and Biology/Agricultural Science.
- For the Department of Estate Management, five O’level (5) Credit passes in Mathematics; English Language and three (3) subjects from the following: Physics; Chemistry; Geography; Statistics; Technical Drawing; Basic Surveying; Economics; Biology; Agricultural Science; Art; Woodwork and Metal Work
- For the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, five (5) O’level Credits passes in English Language; Mathematics and three (3) subjects from the following: Geography; Economics; Statistics; Art; and two science subjects from Chemistry; Physics; Technical Drawing; Biology and Agricultural Science.
- For School of Maritime Transportation and Business Studies, for the Departments of: Maritime Transportation; Accounting; Business Administration; Marketing and Public Administration; five (5) O’level credits passes including English Language; Mathematics and any other three (3)credits from Geography; Statistics; French; Economics; Commerce; CivicEducation; Government; Accounting; Biology and Agricultural Science.
How to Apply for DESOMATECH Post UTME / ND Form
Candidates wishing to apply for the Post UTME/ND admission form must log on to www.dsmt.edu.ng and click on “APPLY NOW” before completing the application form. A non-refundable application fee of N15,000 is required, and all payments are made via the school portal only. Applicants are then required to fill out the online application form and print two copies of the online acknowledgment form to complete the registration process.
The application closing date is 31st August, 2023. The aptitude test date will be communicated to applicants in due course. Candidates are advised to bring the printed copy of their acknowledgment slip to their respective test centres.
For additional information, DESOMATECH has provided the following hotlines: 08077396000, 08029551458.